Monday, October 15, 2007

Guest Speaker

I thought it was cool how newspapers/blogs are focusing on local news since most newspapers talk about things internationally and what other news repeat. Mark Briggs also talked about newer ways to get some news like a website that lets you know where crimes are occurring so that you can avoid them, which is really funny and pretty sad at the same time. Podcasts of local areas also seems really cool since I never really see much news going on in Tacoma(or I haven't looked around much). Lately I've noticed that I have been paying attention to the news more then I used to... not by watching TV, but through the internet.

4 comments:

Droid116 said...

And..... What else did you think.

glowbug said...

I aggree its a good idea that they are finding ways to get local news out to the public. I also find that it would enourage newspapers do actual research in finding local stories to post, instead of buying the rights from other newspaper companies and puting their own spin on it.

BELLE said...

I have to say that I agree with you on how interesting it is that they can put up a link to a website that you can check the local crimes in your area.

Unknown said...

yeah i end up reading more news because it's available online too!